How To Become A
Proudly Accessible Dubuque Business
Thank you for taking the steps to identify and remove accessibility barriers at your business Proudly Accessible Dubuque will spread the word to your customers - both existing and new.
There are four main categories in our General Survey:Accessible Parking
Access to Goods and Services
and a Special Section for Accessible Lodging. Complete only the categories that pertain to your business. For example, if you don't have a parking lot available for your customers, do not complete the "Parking" section. If your business does not have a restroom available to the public, do not complete "Restrooms".If you complete the survey and score 100%, you will receive:
- Proudly Accessible Dubuque window clings for your place of business
- Permission to use the Proudly Accessible Dubuque logo in all your advertising
- Listing on this Proudly Accessible Dubuque web site.
- Special listing on the Dubuque Area Chamber of Commerce web site
- Special listing in this year's Dubuque Convention and Visitor's Guide
- Inclusion in our regular media blitzes
- Increased customer base and improved customer relations
- Possible tax credits and deductions: Expenses for any changes that you make at your place of business to improve accessibility may entitle you to a tax credit and/or deduction. See Tax Advantages on this web site, Tax Incentives Packet on the Americans with Disabilities Act or obtain IRS Publications 334 and 535, and/or Form 8826.
If you don't score 100%, submit your survey as is and we will get back to you with reasonable, practical, cost effective solutions to make your businesses more accessible for all your customers!
It's so easy! All the questions are Yes, No or N/A, and we've added lots of illustrations. You only need to complete the categories that pertain to your business. The only tools you'll need are a tape measure and a level. It takes a typical business 45 minutes to an hour to complete the survey
Step 1: Download the worksheet, especially if you have a parking lot and/or a public restrooms. Having this document will make it easier for you to take the measurements (or give to your maintenance crew).
Step 2: If you can't answer "Yes" to some questions, we give you "Helpful Hints". Just position your cursor over the "No" button of the question and the Helpful Hints will pop-up. Or type your question(s) in the Question/Comments Box, finish and submit your Survey and we'll get right back to you. (If you are in the Lodging business, first complete and submit the Survey. We have a few extra questions for you, summarized on your own page. When we get your Survey, we'll contact you to ask about the rest.)
Step 3: When you're ready, fill in your general information, complete the on-line survey and submit.
Copyright ProudlyAccessibleDubuque 2013-2014